BIKE SHARING SYSTEM
An overview of the digital experience of a bike sharing system
Role: Ideation, UX Design, UI Design
• The service provides electric bikes with electronic/digital locks.
• The system gives the user a lock number to both unlock and lock the same bike.
• User can select any bike among available bikes at a station.
• Most users are on the go, so I designed a mobile application as primary point of interaction with users. However, for those without a smartphone there could be a website to find and reserve a bike through it.
• The mobile user can only serve and take one bike at a time while on the website the user could reserve more than one bike. (This enables the users to plan a trip for a group)
• The standard time for bike rental is one hour. The user can add to the time, and if they arrive at a station earlier than expected, the remaining time could be saved in their time-bank.
• All of the bikes have uniformed color of red (similar to that of the logo).